Monday, June 1, 2009

Run for the Community 10K

Hayes, Sean, and Troy Ready Themselves for the Race
After the Jenkinson Lake Trail Race, work took over and I had to travel to London to give my first three-day training course, which went very well. After that, I went to visit my parents and some friends in Holland. I was able to get one nice run in around the Bosbaan in Amsterdam, but that was about it for training. I did, however, enjoy lots of the great food and drink that Europe has to offer...
Larry and Maxson Defeyter--Larry Placed 2nd in the 5K and Maxson Ran the Kids' Run
The Run for the Community 10K would be my first race after a few weeks off. Sean and Hayes ran the 5K as a training run for the upcoming Tahoe Relay. Troy came out to run the 5K as well. The race was, once again, organized superbly, with tons of volunteers helping out. This year also featured a delicious post-race barbeque for all the participants.
"Run Lake Tahoe" Spotted in Grass Valley...
It was a hot day and I was still recovering from jet lag. After some initial positioning, V "Neel" Neelakantan slowly pulled out of sight, and won the 10K. I started out conservatively, which paid off in the end, but I could not quite keep up with Neel. Surprisingly, I was still able to hang on to a second-place finish, just ahead of Mike Buzbee. In the 5K, Dominic Castro-Wehr won, just ahead of Larry Defeyter and Thomas McAtee.

Next Up: The Auburn Trails 50K

1 comment:

slowrunner77 said...

...but you didn't notice the "beer=happiness" sticker to the left of the runtahoe one. Much, much cooler!!!


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.