As you can see in the movie, we had a blast again this year at the DeCelle Memorial Tahoe Relay. Weather-wise, we had all four seasons in one day, but for the most part it was great for running. We managed to break last year's time by 33 minutes, easily breaking 11 hours (10:52 and 64th overall out of 116 teams). Next year, we'll try to go sub-10!
This year, we had the following leg assignments:
- (9.6 Miles) Sean--Started us out and ran nice and even to finish in 1:42
- (8.2 Miles) Chris--Blew by about 50 runners (a.k.a. bogeys) in an incredible 55 minutes and change on the steepest leg of the course
- (10.3 Miles) Rocky--Battled altitude sickness and cramps, but never gave up and finished in 2:28
- (12.3 Miles) Peter--The first of two--finished this sunny section in 1:30
- (10.6 Miles) Turi--Paced really well and kept passing people, finishing in 1:19
- (10.5 Miles) Peter--Back for more--finished this rainy section (including the infamous 'Hill from Hell') in 1:28
- (10.5 Miles) Hayes--Anchored the race, ran all the way up to Inspiration Point in the rain and then finished strong in 1:26
Next Up: Volunteering at the Western States 100 Miler in two weeks.