Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Gold Country Grand Prix Awards Ceremony

The awards ceremony for the 2008 Gold Country Grand Prix was held last Sunday. Since I did not run all the races in '08, I was only able to scrape together enough points for 3rd in my age group at the last race of the season.

Before the race, I joined Chris, Gretchen, and Robert for a nice 12-miler on the pioneer trail. It was great to see everyone again. Good luck with your marathon in a few weeks, Gretchen!
Gretchen, Robert, and Chris
Chris, undefeated in the 2008 season, deservedly won the Grand Prix series (overall) and took home the $100 grand prize while Larry came in second in the 30-39 age group.
Chris Wins the 2008 GP, Well Deserved!

Next up: I am postponing my sub-3 attempt a little bit, so I am not joining Troy for the Redding Marathon this weekend. Good luck, Troy!

4 comments:

SnowLeopard said...

Great pictures Peter! If I could have kept up with you guys, I would have totally come running on Sunday. :) Nice to see you all together~

Alan Fletcher said...

Hi Peter - got you email - i wrote back but it bounced. send me mail directly - cheers, alan

saschasdad said...

I looked for you in Redding today, and now after reading your latest blog, I realize why you weren't there. You missed a beautiful day!

Catherine said...

Peter,
Sorry I missed a run with you, Gretchen, and Chris on the Pioneer trail. I'm sure it was a great day.
Yes, this is going to be quite the year for me. Too bad your trip to Redding didn't work out. I'm sure you'll break that 3 hour barrier one of these days.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.